For our wedding we served breakfast; sausages, eggs, danishes and all the trimmings. The feast was amazing, our caterer fantastic and we got to take all the left-overs home. We ate sausages in as many ways as you could imagine, the drunk the wine for months and had 2 boxes of baby spinach left.
This recipe for Sagwala was given to us after our wedding to use up the spinach and now we’re just replacing the spinach for our silverbeet.
What do you do to use up spinach and silverbeet? What do you have in excess right now?
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp of tumeric
- 4 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 400 gm spinach/silverbeet
- optional: add some boiled potatoes
- Fry the diced onions, spices and garlic.
- Once soft add tomatoes.
- Stir in spinach, once wilted add coconut milk.
- Optional: add boiled potatoes after the blending, or some diced and cooked chicken breast.
- Serve with rice