Winter is definitely in the air down here in (near) Melbourne town.
It’s time for snuggling up with cups of tea, soups and stews. I love this time of year, I love rain, I love dressing in layers, and I especially love winter sun.
I love soups, creamy, thick, watery, spicy, they’re the best!
Before J and I had meet, he’d never cooked a soup, can you believe this. I was quick to rectify this. And now he experiments with the best of us!
- 500 gm pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Dice onion and mince garlic, add to pre-heated pan with oil, cook until softened.
- Add spices, fry for 1 minute.
- Put chopped and peel carrot and pumpkin, stir until coated with spices.
- Add stock and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Once vegetables are soft, blend, and add coconut milk.
- Serve with crusty bread.