I love Mission products, so when I was contacted to try out their recently relaunched Chia and Red Quinoa Wraps I jumped at the opportunity. I wanted to make something that was relatively quick, healthy, would feed the whole family and was obviously super tasty.
The wraps are delicious on their own and would make great tortilla chips, the quinoa and chia give a very subtle texture to the wrap, but I wanted to created something a little heartier. I love enchiladas and as we’d recently picked up some ethical pork, pork and rice enchiladas it was! These wraps are a great source of fiber and have no artificial colours or flavours, so they’re something that I’m comfortable feeding to Elliot.
What’s you’re favourite way to use wraps?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 sticks of celery - finely diced
- 250 gm pork mince
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 x 35gm Mission Taco Seasoning
- 400gm tin kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked rice - cooled
- 8 Mission Red Quinoa and Chia Wraps
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 400 gm tin tomatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan, add onion and celery. Fry until soft.
- Add pork mince, fry, stirring, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Construct enchiladas - in each wrap place two large spoonful of rice, then mince mix and wrap. Place in large baking dish seam side down. Repeat.
- Heat oil in small fry pan, add flour. Stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Simmer for 3 minutes. Blend with stick blender.
- Pour over prepared enchiladas.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake at 180*C for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.