The Buy Bellarine Produce barn is where we buy our fruit and vegetables once a week. The market is only open on Saturday’s and only supplies locally grown, seasonal produce. We buy only what they have there, and this is all that we eat throughout the week.
Some weeks this means that we might live off a bunch of kale and a pumpkin, others we have an impressive variety.
For some reason, this week we were abound with carrots.
What do you do when you have excess of something? What’s your perfect after school snack?
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt to taste
- Boil carrots until very soft.
- Drain well, return to hot, dry pan to dry carrots further.
- Add carrots to food processor, with all remaining ingredients.
- Cool and serve.