My cooking and baking has been heavily influenced by Instagram photography prompts recently. And honestly, I’m really glad for the inspiration. Some times I just can’t muster up the enthusiasm to scrounge through the pantry and cook dinner AGAIN.
So when I was prompted by Interior Addicts #7vignettes to do something metallic, I went through all my props and found the inspiration to cook some cupcakes. Upon further investigation I found that I had everything I needed to bake hummingbird cupcakes.
Where do you find your inspiration?
- 1 cup coconut oil - melted
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 ripe bananas - mashed
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Beat eggs and sugar in mix-master until light and fluffy, slowly pour in the oil. Mix until well combined.
- Continue mixing while adding coconut, bananas and pineapple.
- Put flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl, stir until combined.
- Add gradually to mix-master.
- Spoon into patty pans.
- Bake at 180*C for 25 mins