Bags have been packed for a week. I think we have everything, clothes for tropical humid weather, to be modest and to provide warmth, a big heavy sleeping bag for a trek, camera, and extra batteries. Our 5 week long adventure has begun.
After a week in Queensland, visiting J’s family, we will be boarding a plane to Kathmandu.
We will have 30 days in Nepal. The plan is to spend 3 weeks trekking in the Himalayas, and a week in Kathmandu. We are going to visit friends of J’s, people who he spent close to 6 years risking his life with, climbing big mountains, long before we knew each other. I think I have the best guide ever.
While I’m living it up in Nepal, I have some guest posts for you from some wonderful bloggers, some scheduled posts from me and I’ll be posting occasionally from afar.
- 800gm Ham hock
- 2 carrots - peeled and grated
- 2 potatoes - peeled and diced
- ¼ pumpkin - peeled and diced
- 1 onion - diced
- Tblsp oil
- ½ bunch of kale - chopped
- 200gm soup mix
- ½ cup barley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion to the pot with oil and fry until soft.
- Add all other vegetables, soup mix, barley and ham.
- Pour water in to cover ham.
- Cook until meat is falling from bone.
- Turn off, cool.
- Remove ham when cool enough to handle, take all meat off the bone and return meat to pot.