This post is written in partnership with Rosella
I’ve been feeling a little lost this last week. For the last 5-ish months, I have been supervising the build of our new home, being a first time mum to a beautiful little boy, as well as keeping house. I just managed to keep on top of washing, dishes, cleaning, and cooking. And as you may have notice, the blog was the first thing to go.
Since we have moved in, nearly 3 weeks ago now, we’ve had a few little jobs to do here and there, and I’ve been able to fill my days. But the last week, things have finally started to slow down. And with the slowing down, has come the ramping up of this here space.
So naturally I jumped at the opportunity to create a recipe with some Rosella sauces. I’m loving coming up with meals where I can create all the elements, I find it mentally stimulating, satisfying and good for the finances.
You too have the opportunity to make this pulled beef, because the fabulous folks at Rosella are offering one lucky reader of The Life of Clare a pack of their delicious sauces.
– you must have an Australian postal address.
– All you have to do it comment below.
– Giveaway runs from 6 am 18/02/2015 until 6 am 25/2/2015. A winner will be chosen at random and contacted by 26/2/2015.
- 1.5 kg Blade Steak
- 2 tsbpn olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 x 250gm jar of Rosella Fruit Chutney
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Using 1 tsbpn of oil sear steak on all sides and remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil, fry onion until soft, add spices, stir until fragrant.
- Pour in vinegar and stir until nearly gone, then stir in water, tomatoes, chutney and bay leaves.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, and put on low for 8 hours.
- When finished, shred beef and either remove beef from liquid, serve with liquid or drain beef in colander.
- Serve with coleslaw and bread rolls.