We do a group activity most mornings, and most days we need to pack food and all of those days the food needs to be nut free and egg free.
Egg free to the extent that it can’t even be in baking. So I’ve set myself mission to find a good egg free muffin recipe.
This week I succeeded.
Even J said so (when he ate the muffin that I left out of the freezer for Elliot to take to playgroup the next day). They freeze well after baking and defrost well too.
They also a great one to get the kids involved with.
Do you have to accommodate for allergies at your school or kids activities?
- 2 tbsp flax
- 5 tbsp water
- ½ cup oats
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bi-carb soda
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 220℃.
- Combine the flax and water in a small bowl and put into the fridge for about 15 mins.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir.
- Put the banana into a medium bowl and mash, add all remaining wet ingredients and the flax mix and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into 15 muffin pans.
- Place in oven.
- Coo at 220℃ for 7 mins, then reduce oven to 200℃ and cook for a further 12 mins, or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Cool before eating.