I feel a bit the same about supermarket salads. The ‘fresh’ ingredients are soggy and have long lost their crunch, the dressing are always over salty or too sweet. And I think, why buy them pre made, when they’re so easy to whip up and I’m sure it works out cheaper, and waaaay more satisfying.
This recipe is my mum’s, it’s the best coleslaw I’ve ever had, and there’s never any option as to how we’ll make it.
Is there something out there that creeps you out like pre-made sandwiches creep me out?
- ¼ cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 stick of celery finely diced
- ½ red capsicum finely diced
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 2 tbspn mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Served with what ever you would like.
- Serving suggestion here.