I love it when Jay cooks dinner, he’s a fabulous cook and always cooks exciting and different things to my regular rotation.
One of my favourites that he cooks is biryani (very closely followed by his delicious dahl and chapatti).
Does your partner cook? What are some of your regular rotation meals?
- 1 tbspn ghee
- ½ large onion sliced finely
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- thumb sized piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped (OR 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander root (OR ground coriander)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp meat masala (OR ground beef stock cube)
- 1 star anise
- 250 g ground beef mince
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Melt ghee in fry pan and turn to low heat.
- Add onion, cook slowly. Once onions are soft and translucent, add garlic and ginger.
- Add all spices, turn heat to high, toast spices until fragrant.
- Add mince, cook, separating mince until browned, incorporating spices.
- Add sultanas, mix well.
- Reduce heat, add rice, stir combining well.
- Eat while hot.